Rules for details within ads
These rules tell you what you can and cannot put into your ad, including titles, descriptions, photos and other extra details, such as payment and delivery information.
Ad titles and short descriptions
Only Alphabets, Digits, Space, Underscore, Minus, Double Quote and Plus allowed can be used in the item name.
Must not contain the words "ONO" or "Negotiable"
Joining words together in your ad titles and descriptions is prohibited. Shoppingtown.info reserves the right to cancel or alter an ad where words have been combined or altered inappropriately.
Ad Titles and descriptions must not include contact information such as your name, address (street, suburb, town), telephone numbers (landline or mobile) or email addresses.
Depended on what seller account you hold, your contact information will be displayed automatically. If you are personal account, eg, private sale, we list sale person with item. If you are stall account, we will list stall name/business name and stall assistant/sale person. If you are a shop account, we list company/business name, address, ABN, phone number and shop assistant name.
Ads must not contain any of the following:
- Applets, forms, executable files or active content
- Video, sound and animations
- Direct links to downloadable files
- Inputs from Microsoft Word or PowerPoint
- Links to external CSS, storefronts or websites that offer services or goods for sale
- Dynamic scripting languages (eg Flash, XML, CGI and PHP)
Please refer to the HTML guidelines for further details.
You must not include pricing information within ad titles or descriptions. Pricing must only be entered into the pricing field.
- $ symbol followed by numbers, eg. $27.95
- $ & written as words, eg. twenty dollars fifty cents
- numbers written as words, eg. twenty, three, thousand.
Prohibited items or activities
Shoppingtown.info bans the sale or advertising of certain items and illegal activities. Be sure to read our policy on prohibited items for a detailed list if you're uncertain about your item.
Third party intellectual property rights
Ads must not infringe third party intellectual property rights. Infringements include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Copying and displaying a third party's logo, product description, photo either from another seller's ad or from any other source.
Listing and selling an imitation or copy of a brand name's product.
- Any alleged infringements of the intellectual property rights of a third party will result in the removal of the ad from shoppingtown.info. Read the Intellectual Property Protection for further details.
References to third party organisations and websites
Sellers must not make reference to sales or advertising with third party organisations or websites that offer to trade, sell or purchase goods or services outside of the shoppingtown.info.
Prohibited payment methods
Seller must not communicate to buyers to mail cash or use payment methods that are cash transfer services, such as Western Union.
Ads must not misrepresent items
The item must be described accurately and honestly in the ad.
Misrepresentation can include:
- listing ads in inappropriate categories
- entering keywords in the title or description that do not appropriately describe the item
- identifying an inaccurate location of the item.
Advertising multiple items in one ad
As a general guideline, you should only advertise one item per ad and every ad must only have one selling price.
The advantage of selling only one item in your ad is that buyers will be able to find your item easier when you:
- list each item you are selling under the correct category
- write an ad title that is descriptive and use keywords that are specific to each individual item.
You may sell multiple identical items in one ad when you:
- list one selling price as the combined selling price of all items for sale, and
- sell the items all together as one "lot".
You may sell multiple non-identical items in one ad only if the items are closely interrelated and you must:
- list one selling price as the combined selling price of all items for sale,
- sell the items all together as one "lot", and
- provide details for all items included in the ad.
Garage sales are excluded.
|50 SONY DVD-R + bonus Spiderman II DVD - $200
|SONY - 16x and 4.7GB (120mins) BONUS SPIDERMAN II DVD, $200 for the lot.
|Giant TCR Road Bike and gear - $1600
|Bike Med/Large, Shimano Ultegra 10 Groupset, D-lock, front and rear lights, helmet.
All good condition. $1600 for the lot.
|Furniture - coffee table, couch, dining table - $250
|Moving overseas and selling all my furniture. IKEA couch $500, coffee table $250 and dining table $700. Will sell separately or all for $1000.
|Lady handbags - $350
|Ladies handbags, bronze colour, all bags new, latest designs for all age groups. $350 each.
* Selling animal litters
If you are selling a litter of animal litters you may sell them individually.
Correct examples for Pets
|Golden Retriever puppies - $600
|Six Golden Retriever puppies for sale. 3 males 1 females $600 each
Incorrect examples for Pets
|Golden Retriever puppies - $1200
|6 Golden retriever puppies. 2 males $500 ea, 4 females. $100ea. 1 runt male $1200